Top 4 online video hosting platforms (with analytics) for businesses
The following 4 tools will help you:
- Embed videos onto your website using a professional video hosting platform.
- Customize the look and feel of your HTML5 video player.
- View analytics for your videos, including the number of plays, length of time viewed, and more.
- Allow visitors to play your videos on any device including smartphones and tablets.
- Prevent people from sharing your videos on other websites (great for creating “members only” content).
Brightcove starts at $99/month. Some features include HTML5 support, live streaming, YouTube sync, social media sharing, custom skins, analytics, content management, advertising, and more. Their most basic plan allows for 40GB of bandwidth per month and storage for 50 videos.
Brightcove also offers a pay-as-you-go model for $5/month.
Wistia starts at $23/month (if paid annually) for 6 videos, 25 GB of bandwidth, and 50 GB of storage. Some features include HTML5 support, realtime analytics, playlists, custom skins, email embeds, popovers, video SEO, and more.
Wistia’s video heatmaps show when users stop, start, skip, and rewatch your video. Their transcription service allows visitors to search/skip through videos using the transcript.
A free version is available for up to 3 videos and 5GB of bandwidth per month.